It’s been a cold winter and I’m so ready for spring to be here! In the meantime, I don’t know about you but a good Mani Pedi always puts me in a happy mood so I’ve decided to tell you how I pamper myself with a pedicure.
Caution: This is some serious pampering which could be done on your own if you really want some ME time, or with a group of friends or bridesmaids; making it a spa party.
Since I’m trying to forget it’s winter, I’m going to describe the Tropical Pedicure ritual I give myself using the Tropical Silk Mani Pedi pampering set below:Method:
- Add ¼ cup of Tropical Silk bath bubbles to about 1 gallon of warm water in foot bath or bowl.
- Soak hands or feet in prepared bath for 10 minutes to cleanse and soften, and towel dry.
- Prepare and buff nails as desired; a nail and cuticle serum can be used at this stage.
- Using some Acai and Honey tropical blend smoother (about 1 teaspoon for a manicure and 2 teaspoons for a pedicure) scrub hands and forearms and/or feet and legs to exfoliate removing dull dead skin cells.
- For either a manicure or pedicure only, mix 1-2 teaspoons of the Himalayan and Island fruit renewing wrap (doesn’t that just sound refreshing?) starting with 1 teaspoon of water and adjust to desired consistency.
- If having a manicure and pedicure, mix 3 teaspoons of wrap starting with 1.5 teaspoon of water and adjust to desired consistency.
- Apply the wrap mixture using a fan brush and cover with a towel for 5-10 minutes while it cleanses, detoxifies and conditions the skin.
- Rinse off with warm water and towel dry.
- Then moisturize and massage with the Arome Tropical ultra nourishing and firming lotion rich in botanical extracts.
- Proceed with steps for applying nail varnish if you wish.
The idea really is to make the whole experience yours, and to have a relaxing time while doing it.
Let me know what you think if you do try it or if you have any tips and ideas to make the experience better.