YES!! It’s nearing that time, when we can show off our beautiful well pedicured feet!! If your feet are not ready for the big reveal, don’t worry!! There’s still time to fix it. The first thing to do is to cleanse and begin what I call the skin softening process!!
To this you will need:
What to do:
1. Put some warm water into the first bowl and much warmer water into the second bowl, enough to cover your ankles when feet are submerged into it.
2. Add 1 scoop of cleansing foot soak into the first bowl of water and gently stir to dissolve. It should bubble up nicely too. (Note: a salt soak (they stimulate circulation and detoxify) or milk soak (they soften and keep the skin supple) can be used too, but its a good idea to make sure your feet are clean, since these are not cleansers).
3. Soak your feet for 15 minutes. At this point, gently scrub the heel using a foot brush, foot file or pumice stone to remove dead skin. Then massage a little scrub onto the feet and legs using circular motions to exfoliate and remove more dead skin cells but also to nourish and moisturize the skin with oils and other extracts.
4. Rinse feet off using the second bowl of water (which hopefully should still be warm) and towel dry.
5. At this point nails and cuticles can be trimmed, filed and so on.
6. Finally more moisturization with lotion, and the nail painting may commence!!
The catch: You have to do this a couple of times. I would say about every 2 weeks but you could probably get away with once a month! (Phew.)
I’m hoping to rock these this summer!!
Well……….a girl can dream ;).